Paper has been the preferred communications medium for 2,000 years. Even in today’s digital world, it continues to be highly effective, and when produced, used and disposed of effectively, is inherently sustainable.
- European forests have been growing by over 1,500 football pitches every day
- Sustainable forest management preserves biodiversity and safeguards forests for future generations
- Paper is highly recycled and naturally sustainable
- Virgin fibres from sustainably managed forests are needed to maintain the paper cycle
- Most of the energy used in paper production is renewable and carbon intensity is surprisingly low
- Paper production is dependent on water, yet relatively little is consumed